Friday, August 7, 2009

Coach Wooden on Developing Leadership


I am continually amazed when I read from John Wooden's books. I have read and re-read them all. But, each time I find that something hits me a little differently. Just today, I was going through some notes from Coach Wooden's book, "Wooden On Leadership". Several things just jumped out at me. I'll share some over the next few days. Here's the first:
"I believe leadership itself is largely learned.
Certainly not everyone can lead
nor is everyone a leader destined for glory,
but most of us have a potential far beyond
what we think possible."
Coach Wooden goes on to say that whatever coaching and leadership skills he possesses he learned through listening, observation, study, and then trial and error along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment