Thursday, September 8, 2011

TEAMS--Toughness & Trust/ Effort/ Attitude/ Motives/Servant Leadership

I was so excited for our team to be able to listen to Coach Meyer talk about leadership and being a TEAM. Those are the two things that I will always associate with my time at Lipscomb and Coach Meyer. Coach once again used the acronym TEAMS yesterday as follows:

T oughness & Trust--
  • some players don't do well when things go bad, they end up with the "loser's limp"
  • you can't follow someone if you don't have trust in them.
  • use the "Foxhole" test as a measure of trust
E ffort
A ttitude 
  • these are the only things you contribute yourself
  • these are our responsibility
  • people look to you as a leader to see how they will react
  • what would this team be like if everyone had my attitude?
M otives
  • why do I do what I do?
  • be careful how I do what I do?
  • can't fool people
S ervant Leaders
  • if you can turn out servant leaders you're really doing something as a leader

No comments:

Post a Comment