Monday, November 28, 2011

Seth Godin On Productivity & Taking Action


Productive Magazine recently interviewed Seth Godin. Below are some of Godin's thoughts on productivity:
  1.  I focus very much on the things that have leverage and try very hard to avoid things that are stalling.
  2. I focus on things I can do well and do them with leverage and passion and don't let the resistance slow me down.
Productive Question to Godin--"So, if you are busy and and you have so many things to do, how do you balance your family life?  How do you find time for the ones you love?"

Godin:--"You know it's funny.  People never say, "how do you find time to have lunch or dinner? or how do you find the time to sleep?"  We are not talking of life-lunch balance.  So I'm not sure I'm interested in conversation about life-work balance.  I think you have to have the discipline to have the life you want to have. And if you are stealing from one part of your life in order to make the other part work, you are going to pay for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment