Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pat Summitt's Definite Dozen

I've been very fortunate in my coaching career to work with some of the greatest coaches in the game. One of the things I treasure the most are my notebooks from those coaches. This morning I began reviewing Coach Summitt's Definite Dozen. I look forward to sharing some of my notes over then next few days.

Introduction to the Definite Dozen:
  • Pat always stressed the importance of having a philosophy, a system of life. How will you run your company? Your team? Your family?
  • A philosophy helps you maintain and keep focus and discipline.
  • Pat would start the first meeting by asking how many games do you want to miss because you violated Team Policy/ Definite Dozen. These standards apply to everyone in the program.
  • The Definite Dozen is a tool to help you raise your standards.
  • The Definite Dozen came from Pat's parents.
  • She has a goal to teach something everyday to make the players a better person.
  • Be defined as an overachiever.

No comments:

Post a Comment